Many websites ask you to run the game under compatibility mode. I tried this but it didnt seem to help much. For those who want the try it, do the steps below. The real fix is given after these steps.
How to run a program in Compatibility Mode
- Right click the executable and click the Properties option.
- Select the Compatibility tab.
- Select the Run This Program in Compatibility Mode option.
- From the drop-down list, choose the operating system Win XP.
- Select the option to run the program as an administration.
- Click OK.
Now for the actual fix for this bug. The reason GTA 3 crashes is because of the Windows Event Logger. We neeed to disable the Event Logger to stop the game from freezing.
How to use disable Windows Event Logger to Fix GTA San Andreas mouse freeze
1 ) Press the start button and type services in the run box
2 ) If the UAC popup appears, press continue.
3 ) This will bring up the Services window. Click on the Services Tab.
4) Find Windows Event Log in the list of services and double click it.
5) Under Statup Type, choose Disabled and Click OK.
6) Restart your computer and enjoy playing GTA.
Leave a comment below if this helped you.