A month back I had written about my phone, the HTC Touch. There are many programs for Windows Mobile phones but most of them are paid. So, I decided to make a list of atleast 25 freeware that is a must have on these phones. Hope you guys like the list, do add any other software you know about in the comments.
Free Software for Windows Mobile Phones
01. Flash SMS – FlashSMS is an easy-to-use software to send flash SMS messages right from your windows mobile powered smartphone (WM5 or better required). Flash SMS messages are equal to normal SMS messages except that they appear directly on the mobile display without selecting the message after receiving it.
02. PDA FullScreen Keyboard – One of the biggest problems with the Touch was sending SMS without using the stylus. This keyboard will help you forget quite easily the old days when inserting a piece of text on your Pocket PC was a problem!
03. Tone Manager – This is a small app for the Pocket PC to choose different ringtones for your contacts on a per-category basis, with the option to choose which category takes priority in the event of a contact belonging to more than one category.
04. Task Manager – The Task manager application is a bunch of several useful tools in just one tool. Includes Process manager, CPU usage, Application Manager, Service Manager, Device Manager, Windows Manager, Notification Manager, IP Config utility, Ping utility, Net Stats utility, Registry Editor & Run program utility.
05. Quick Menu – QuickMenu is a start-menu which is very similar to Windows XP start menu.
06. VS Painter LE – Photoshop like image editing application with pretty good effects. (Choose LE download link)
07. VSnap – vSnap is a small and simple screen capture utility for Pocket PCs.
08. Call Firewall – CallFirewall basically rejects unwanted calls. Allows you to control the calls you receive.
09. Clear Temp – ClearTemp is an application for you to free up memory on your device. It allows you to clear temporary/unused files and unused registry keys/values on your system easily. It also allows you to clear your Recent Program List, Internet Address History and boot count.
10. NoteM – Voice Notes Recorder with MP3 encoding (NoteM) was implemented as an alternative to build-in Notes application’s voice recording feature. It gives you approximately 5.5 compression rate as compared to Notes default recording mode.
11. Real Player – Real Player for your phon, need I say more…
12. Pocket eSword – eSword is feature rich and user friendly bible, being very religious as I am, it helps to have the Bible when I want to look up something.
13. GSPlayer – A simple audio player with support for SHOUTcast streaming playback. Other features include MP3, Ogg Vorbis, Wave format playback, 10 bands equalizer, PLS/M3U playlist support, Surround / Bassboost effects, Reverb / Echo effects, Noiseless playback.
14. KeePass – Store account names, passwords, credit card numbers, etc safely on your phone.
15. PocketTV – PocketTV is a MPEG Movie Player and VCD Player for Windows Mobile. PocketTV takes full advantage of all the features of Windows Mobile 6 and 5 Professional, Standard and Classic devices, such as Landscape display, soft-keys, on-the-fly display rotation, VGA resolution, 800×480 wide-screens, etc.
16. FLITE – Its a full text to speech system with various APIs, as well as an environment for development and research of speech synthesis techniques. Kinda like Microsoft SAM in XP.
17. Yahoo Mobile Go – Yahoo apps for your phone, includes Yahoo messenger, contact book, search, calendar, etc.
18. PeekPocket – PeekPocket is a hassle-free Wifi AP scanner for Windows Mobile. Very useful when walking around looking for a Wifi connection to connect to :wink:
19. Adobe Flash Player – Enables to view Flash content on the phone.
20. PocketPicture – It is a free graphic editor. It is useful to draw small icons as well as painting or editing rather big images.
21. Divx Player – Allows playing Divx coded videos. DivX Mobile Player will try to play any video on any device, but playback performance will depend on the phone’s processor speed.
22. PocketDivXEncoder – Allows you to encode any video clip with optimized parameters for handled devices (landscape mode, 240×320, low CPU usage, increased brightness, etc).
23. MSS Converter – MSS converter allow you to convert whatever you want : Currencies, distances, masses, etc… The currencies are automaticaly updating when you connect your device to ActiveSync, and that’s a good point…
24. ActiveSync Toggle – ActiveSync… that wonderful Microsoft program for synchronising data between your PDA and PC. Microsoft have yet to include a facility to ‘Load ActiveSync at Startup’ or even an ‘Exit’ option from the System Tray Icon. If, like us, you don’t sync your PDA every minute of the day, it means ActiveSync is sitting around in memory using up valuable resources. ActiveSync Toggle allows you to either load or unload ActiveSync from memory whilst also removing the registry key that automatically loads it upon starting Windows.
25. Shadow Of Legend – Did you know that there was a MMORPG for phones !!!! Its true Shadow Of Legend is a free MMORPG for your phone. (MMORPG = Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game, like World of Warcraft)
Hope you guys liked the post.
|If you really liked all the software here, you could buy me a beer|