PDF is the standard format used when sending electronic documents due to its reliability. Now for many of us who have never created a PDF file, its not really that hard. There are many ways to convert a file to PDF format, even google docs can help you convert files.
CutePDF Writer is a freeware that works like a printer. Just print from any Windows application to CutePDF printer and it will create a PDF file of the printed info. That simple !
During installation the program asks if you would like to install the “Ask toolbar”, I recommend you do not check these toolbars while installing programs. On finishing the installation, the setup will download another convertor from their website.
Using CutePDF Writer
- Open your original document and select Print command in File menu of your application to bring up Print dialog box.
- Then select CutePDF Writer as the Printer to print (DO NOT select “Print to file” option).
- You will get a Save As dialog box prompted for saving created PDF file.
- Select a folder to Save in and enter a File name, then click on Save.
- Open that folder to find your PDF file.