Steps to uninstall Internet Explorer 7
- Open Control Panel, click Add or Remove Programs, and then click Remove a program.
- Check the Show Updates check-box on top of the add/remove list. (This is very important as you will not be able to see the software updates installed without checking this box.)
- Select Windows Internet Explorer 7 from the list and click Remove.
- Follow the wizard instructions to complete the process.
- Now select and remove each of the Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7.
- Once you are done close the add/remove programs and restart your computer.
- If you had IE 6 earlier you will have it again.
You can also check Microsoft’s guide here.