Google Reader has introduced an offline mode so that you can read your RSS feeds even if you do not have an internet connection. This was one of the features I missed the most in Google reader and they have finally introduced this feature using Google Gears.
How to read Google reader in offline mode
- Install Google Gears from http://gears.google.com/
- Restart your browser
- Click the green arrow next to your settings link on the right corner of the page
- Click I trust this site and click Allow
- Google Gears should begin downloading the feeds.
- Once it has completed the green arrow will be replaced by a blue arrow.
- Now you can disconnect the internet and read Google reader offline
While in offline mode you cannot add new feeds and some images and videos will not be available.
To re-enable online mode just click the blue arrow.