Received an email from a reader (Jen) who wanted to uninstall McAfee Security Center to install another product.
Antivirus and firewall are tricky to uninstall, they always leave traces which causes problem for the next product you install.
Follow these steps to uninstall McAfee Security Center –
- Open My Computer and navigate to C:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\app\
- Delete all the files in this folder
- Open Control Panel, click Add or Remove Programs, and then click Remove a program
- Select McAfee Security Center from the list and click Change/Remove
- Restart the computer once the uninstall is complete
- Uninstall would be complete, if you still face any problems follow the steps below
- Click Start, then click on Run
- Enter services.msc and click OK
- Set the properties on all McAfee services to Disabled and set the recovery to None
For more support, visit McAfee Virtual Technician here.
Hope this helped Jen :)