Antivirus and firewall are tricky to uninstall, they always leave traces which causes problem for the next product you install.
Follow these steps to uninstall McAfee Security Center –
- Open My Computer and navigate to C:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\app\
- Delete all the files in this folder
- Open Control Panel, click Add or Remove Programs, and then click Remove a program
- Select McAfee Security Center from the list and click Change/Remove
- Restart the computer once the uninstall is complete
- Uninstall would be complete, if you still face any problems follow the steps below
- Click Start, then click on Run
- Enter services.msc and click OK
- Set the properties on all McAfee services to Disabled and set the recovery to None
For more support, visit McAfee Virtual Technician here.
Hope this helped Jen :)